Copyright in 2007 by Micro Seven, Inc.
Micro Seven, Inc. β's model SP10 generates voice segments of numerical data, legends, and short speech at a built-in speaker by ASCII commands from PC or other controllers in test and measurement and medical instruments. Voice and speech segments, which are previously recorded through a built-in microphone, may be numeric data, words, or short speech. SP10 provides voiced data output at a built-in speaker or audio connector for external amplifier/speaker. Examples are Blood pressure is 120 over 70, Temperature is 36.5 degree C, 1.000VRMS, etc.
- Medical power supply is available as an option
- Record your customized voice data in your own voice
- Low cost and quantity discount available
- Audio connector output to external amplifier/speaker
- Upload/download voice text
- Optional telephone line interface to generate voice by remote control and to dial and deliver voice message
- Small, 4 x 1.75 x 7.5
Application and benefit:
- Provide voice output for existing instruments quickly without much engineering
- Stand-alone voice generation without PC
56k baud, one stop bit, eight-bit character with no parity
RTS/CTS hardware handshake
Control software (Windows):
-Recording/playing voice segment
-Saving/loading voice data
-Saving/loading all control registers
-Programming dialing number (for optional telephone line interface)
Voice generation: SP10 contains total sixty second voice data.
Numeric data (0.5 seconds long)
ASCII command: N(n1)(n2)(n3)------<enter> where n1, n2 and n3 are numeric numbers
: for point, ; for over, and < for minus.
Example: N1234567890 to generate voice of 1234567890, N4 to generate voice of 4,
N<123:78 to generate minus 123.78.
2-second voice data
ASCII command: KBF(n1)(n2)F<enter>, where (n1)(n2) forms one byte address in hexadecimal notation, for example KBF00F generates 2second voice data 0, KBF01F generates 2second voice data1, etc. There are maximum sixteen different 2-second voice data for SP10.
SP10 control register commands:
1. Sound volume register for sound-volume adjustment for a built-in speaker and external audio output: MBD(n1)(n2) where (n1)(n2) forms one-byte data in hexadecimal notation. 00 is minimum and FF is maximum. MBDFF sets maximum audio sound. Because this command is flash-memory write command, SP10 returns C at RS232 interface.
2. Internal speaker enable/disable: M9254<enter> for disable, M9250<enter> for enable internal speaker. External audio output is not affected.
3. Voice recording commands: B(n) for recording numeric data. KBF(n1)(n2)E for recording 2-second voice data. It contains voice trigger feature to start recording.
4. Download voice data command: V<enter> to download 500k byte of data into SP10
5. Upload voice data command: U<enter> to upload 500k byte of data to PC
6. Dialing number register: M(n1)(n2)0(n3)<enter> where n1, n2 forms one byte address for dialing number register and (n3) is one digit. For example, to program dialing 150---, M0001<enter>M0105<enter>M020A<enter>---. Note 0A is for dialing 0. (telephone line interface option)
7. Telephone call command: G<enter> (dial a telephone number from flash memory) or D(n0)(n1)(n2)---<enter> to dial (n0)(n1)(n2)--. (telephone line interface option)
8. Hang-up or on-hook command: A<enter> (telephone line interface option)
J1: 3.5 mm audio connector for external audio signal output (to external audio amplifier)
SW1: Switch 1 (the feature is custom option)
SW2: Switch 2 (the feature is custom option)
SW4: Power switch
1. International AC/DC power adapter for 90-250VACRMS and 50/60Hz power input
2. Medical power supply
3. Telephone line interface to output voice via remote control
4. Expand voice data to two minutes
Telephone interface (option):
Send G to dial a telephone number from either flash memory or new telephone number (D command above). Generate voice at telephone line by N and F commands. Internal speaker output may be disabled. After voice generation is done, send A to return to on-hook condition. There are automatic time-out when SP10 does not receive A command or does not receive disconnect signal from telephone company by called-party hang-up.
Rear panel controls:
12VDC input connector (from 117V AC/DC adapter)
Line Input Jacks: USOC-RJ11-C, standard modular phone jacks for telephone interface
Built-in speaker: 8 ohm
AC/DC Adapter: 117VAC +/- 5%, or 90-250VAC +/- 5%(for International power adapter option) or medical power supply option
Power input: 12VDC unregulated, 800mA maximum
Dimensions: 19 cm (4") W x 4.5 cm (1.75") H x 10 cm (7.5") L
Weight: 500g (1.1 lbs.)
Warranty/Service: six months limited warranty. No warranty if any factory seal is broken. Service is performed at the factory, usually within 5 working days.
The front of SP10 is shown below.
MICRO SEVEN, INC.
P.O. BOX 5597 BEAVERTON, OR 97006 U.S.A. PHONE: 503-693-6982, FAX: 503-693-9742